Gulab jamun is a dessert which is popular throughout the Indian Subcontinent.It is a melt-in-the-mouth dessert,and it is most relishing after a sumptuous meal.Gulab Jamun is a sweet ball made of khoya,deep fried and served in sugar syrup.
Here is a simple and modern easy way of making soft,tasty,spongy and delicious gulab jamuns.It is a perfect dessert for any occasion – wedding, birthday party or a romantic dinner.
An unbelievable combination is hot, hot Gulab Jamuns with cold, cold Ice Cream,just thinking about it makes our mouth watery…..
- Instant Milk Powder– 1/2 cup
- All Purpose Flour – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Baking Soda – 1/4 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Rose Essence – few drops
- Cardamon Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Saffron – few strands, optional
- Oil – for deep frying
- Prepare a syrup of sugar and water to one-string consistency and add rose water,cardamon,saffron.
- For the dumpling, in a mixing bowl , add in all dry ingredients ,Instant Dry Milk , All Purpose Flour, Baking Soda.
- Mix well along with the Butter and after that slowly start mixing in the yogurt. Make into a dough.leave it for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small balls,the balls must be smooth without any creases. and deep-fry them on a slow fire till they turn dark golden brown, take them out into a paper towel.
- Carefully drop 3-4 dumplings at a time in the oil and keep rotating them for an even color.
- Bring the syrup to another quick boil and drop in the dumplings.Turn off the flame and leave the Gulab Jamuns to soak in the syrup for 45 minutes to an hour.
Gulab jamuns can be served hot or cold.
I AM SENDING THIS SWEET COMFORT DESSERT TO Sugar High Friday #61: Sweet Comforts.
Incoming search terms:
- gulab jamun
- easy gulab jamun recipe
- gulab jamun easy recipe
- gulab jamun with ice cream
- gulab jamun recipe
- simple gulab jamun recipe
- gulab jamun recipe easy
- gulab jamun simple recipe
- easy gulab jamun
- best gulab jamun recipe