Pongal is held to honor the sun for a bountiful harvest. Pongal is celebrate by Tamil community every where in the world. Thats why pongal is called Tamilar Thirunal. This sweet rice is mainly prepared during pongal festival with rice, dal, jaggery and milk and stirred continuously until the content turns to a porridge. It is richly flavored and garnished with cardamom, nutmeg and cashews with lots of ghee.It is called as sweet pongal, chakkara pongal. lets see the easy recipe of chakkara sweet pongal pudding recipe.
This special pudding is traditionally prepared in an earthen pot.Now let us see how to make the simple and easy way of making the most relished sweet pongal (pudding).
Cook Time : Under 30 Minutes
Prep Time : Under 30 Minutes
Serves : 6 People
Yield : Filling lunch for 3, serves 5 as snack
- Raw rice-1 cup
- Moong dal -a handful
- Jaggery-1 1/2 cups
- Milk-2 cups
- Water-2 cups
- Condensed milk-1 tin
- Cardamon powder-1 tbsp
- Ghee-1 cup
- Ghee fried cashew-nuts& raisins a handful
- Ghee fried coconut bits
- Wash the green gram dal and rice nicely.Dry roast rice and dal together until the rice turns white.
- Transfer it to a pressure cooker and add milk,water,half the ghee,a pinch of salt to enrich the flavor and pressure cook for 3 whistles or until soft like pudding.
- In a wide bottomed kadai, heat the brown sugar(jaggery) with half a cup water.when it melts add it to the cooked rice and stir well together with the condensed milk,cardamon powder,roasted nuts and the remaining ghee.The more ghee you add the best taste you will ever have.Keep in low flame until all mingles and form a smooth pudding.
- This sweet pongal is sure a divine delight with rich aromas….
- If you want to make both Ven Pongal(savor variety) and Sweet Pongal.Divide the boiled and mashed rice and dal into two halves continue one half of the rice with VEN PONGAL RECIPE.Other part of rice with sweet pongal.Its one of the festival recipe of sankranti dishes served to god.The sweet rice pudding with rich cardamon flavor is soft and melt in mouth variety of dish.This sweet glutinous rice,Sweet Rice Pudding Recipes is kids friendly too.
Incoming search terms:
- chakkara pongal
- sweet pongal
- sweet pongal in cooker
- sakkarai pongal recipe pressure cooker
- how to make sweet pongal in rice cooker
- sweet pongal recipe
- sweet pongal easy recipe
- chakkara pongal recipe
- sakkarai pongal recipe
- how to make sweet pongal in pressure cooker
This is a fusion recipe with the combination of the traditional Gulab Jamun with coconut Rabri.Great combination which is worth trying.
Gulab jamuns (RECIPE) pieces cut into halves
FOR THE COCONUT RABRI:
- Milk-2 liter
- Condensed milk-1/2 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Khova(milk extract)-1/2 cup
- Cardamon powder-1/2 tsp
- Cream-1/2 cup
- Saffron- a pinch
- Mixed dry fruits chopped-2 tbsp
- Tender coconut shredded-1/4 cup
- Rose syrup-2-3 tbsp
- Take a pan and add milk, condensed milk, sugar, cream,khova together and simmer for 1-2 hours or until it thickens.
- Add in cardamon powder for flavoring.
- Switch off the flame when it is thick and mix in shredded tender coconut .
- To serve, in a plate place a bed of Rabri and place Jamuns on top, garnish with nuts ,saffron, rose syrup,and served chilled.
- This is a famous north Indian Punjabi dish served after a sumptuous meal.
Valentine special recipes !!!!
Romantic meals can be simple,grand,or just pure fun.Prepare a romantic meal this valentines day-what better way to express your love and desire.Try a romantic party this valentine with all the goodness.
What happens ,if you want to make a romantic meal for your valentine,but clueless.Don’t fret, try our amazing meal.Entice all the senses by flavors,taste and especially sight.Yes,set a beautiful table with every dishes decorated in its own way,and don’t forget the candles and flowers. Even a simple dish with flower decorations,tempts to be romantic.
These Valentine’s Day recipes are a perfect way to celebrate a special relationship or just treat yourself and your family on this special valentine’s day occasion.
- Fresh boiled spaghetti-1 packet
- or as required
- Chicken pieces-1/2 kg
- Canned green peas- 1 cup
- Potatoes (in slices): 1-2, like finger chips
- Thin Carrot slices-1/2 cup
- Green chili- 4-5
- Tomato paste- 3-4 tbsp
- Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder- 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cream cheese- 3-4 tbsp
- Oil as required
- Heat oil in a pan,add garlic paste,followed by chili powder and salt.
- Saute a little,add chicken pieces,tomato paste,cook on low heat till the gravy thickens.
- Add all the veggies and cook.Add cream cheese,and remove from fire.
- Mix well add chopped cilantro for garnishing,you can either mix the spaghetti in the gravy,or dish out the sauce on top of the boiled hot spaghetti and garnish accordingly.Serve hot this yummy spaghetti…
- Elbow Macaroni-100 gm
- Cheese sauce-2 tblcp
- Grated cheese-50 gm
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Breadcrumbs-1 tblsp
- Butter-25 gm
- Boil macaroni until cooked,but don’t overcook.Drain well.
- Add the cheese sauce,salt,pepper,mix well.Place this in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle grated cheese,breadcrumbs on top and drizzle with butter or margarine.
- Bake it for 25 minutes in a moderately hot oven on 200 degrees; bake it till crisp and golden, light brownish color.
- Serve with hot chili sauce or ketchup.You can also layer boiled lasagna (a type of pasta in sheets) at the bottom,middle and top layer(optional).In the middle you can add any grated chicken gravy as done in spiced spaghetti.And bake as same till golden crisp on top.
- A great valentine breakfast recipe….
MORE BREAKFAST RECIPES:
Incoming search terms:
- valentine special
- valentines special
- finger chips
- breakfast recipes
- romantic meal
- valentine recipes
- VALENTINES MEAL
- romantic party
- valentine special images