( Kozhukattai )
Marinating Time : 2 Hours
Cook Time :Under 30 Minutes
Prep Time :Under 30 Minutes
Serves :5 People
Yield :Filling Snack for 5
- Rice – 1 cup
- Salt for taste
- Oil – little
- Jaggery ( sugar )– ½ cup
- Kaskas – 2 tbls
- Cashew – 10 pcs
- Pista – 8 pcs
- Dessicated coconut – 3 tbls
- Ghee – 2 tbls
Soak 1 cup rice in 1 cup water for 2 hrs.without adding extra water grind it well. Boil 1 cup water with added salt and 1 teaspoon oil, while its boiling add the grinded rice mixture and stir well till it becomes a smooth dough. keep it aside.This is the main ingredient for rice flourcake, kozhukattai.
- Put kaskas,cashew, pista, semolina(sooji, rava) jaggery (can also used sugar), dessicated coconut in a mixer and grind it to a course powder.
- Add ghee in a vessel, heat slightly and add the powder,stir well till its raw smell goes. Make a small ball of the dough, press with hand to get a round shape, put the stuffing inside, fold it half circle.similarly you can make it in different shapes.
- Steam this in a steamer or in a idly cooker for 10 minutes.Stuffed riceflour cake is ready for serving.It is one of the festival recipes (Ganesh Chaturti)of India.
- You can also use different stuffing like grated coconut mixed with sugar,
- mashed dhal(lentils) with jaggery
- Do it the same way as instructed above with ghee.
- This stuffed rice flour cake is easily digestible,and different stuffing’s makes this rice cake more delicious.