Pongal is held to honor the sun for a bountiful harvest. Pongal is celebrate by Tamil community every where in the world. Thats why pongal is called Tamilar Thirunal. This sweet rice is mainly prepared during pongal festival with rice, dal, jaggery and milk and stirred continuously until the content turns to a porridge. It is richly flavored and garnished with cardamom, nutmeg and cashews with lots of ghee.It is called as sweet pongal, chakkara pongal. lets see the easy recipe of chakkara sweet pongal pudding recipe.
This special pudding is traditionally prepared in an earthen pot.Now let us see how to make the simple and easy way of making the most relished sweet pongal (pudding).
Cook Time : Under 30 Minutes
Prep Time : Under 30 Minutes
Serves : 6 People
Yield : Filling lunch for 3, serves 5 as snack
- Raw rice-1 cup
- Moong dal -a handful
- Jaggery-1 1/2 cups
- Milk-2 cups
- Water-2 cups
- Condensed milk-1 tin
- Cardamon powder-1 tbsp
- Ghee-1 cup
- Ghee fried cashew-nuts& raisins a handful
- Ghee fried coconut bits
- Wash the green gram dal and rice nicely.Dry roast rice and dal together until the rice turns white.
- Transfer it to a pressure cooker and add milk,water,half the ghee,a pinch of salt to enrich the flavor and pressure cook for 3 whistles or until soft like pudding.
- In a wide bottomed kadai, heat the brown sugar(jaggery) with half a cup water.when it melts add it to the cooked rice and stir well together with the condensed milk,cardamon powder,roasted nuts and the remaining ghee.The more ghee you add the best taste you will ever have.Keep in low flame until all mingles and form a smooth pudding.
- This sweet pongal is sure a divine delight with rich aromas….
- If you want to make both Ven Pongal(savor variety) and Sweet Pongal.Divide the boiled and mashed rice and dal into two halves continue one half of the rice with VEN PONGAL RECIPE.Other part of rice with sweet pongal.Its one of the festival recipe of sankranti dishes served to god.The sweet rice pudding with rich cardamon flavor is soft and melt in mouth variety of dish.This sweet glutinous rice,Sweet Rice Pudding Recipes is kids friendly too.
Incoming search terms:
- chakkara pongal
- sweet pongal
- sweet pongal in cooker
- sakkarai pongal recipe pressure cooker
- how to make sweet pongal in rice cooker
- sweet pongal recipe
- sweet pongal easy recipe
- chakkara pongal recipe
- sakkarai pongal recipe
- how to make sweet pongal in pressure cooker
Arabic Sweet Dishes Recipes
Kunafa (called as kunafe, Kanafeh, knafeh, kunafeh, kunafah) basbousa and UmAli Dessert are the best arabic sweet dishes traditionally eaten during Ramadan in Arab and middle-eastern countries. Now Easy recipes specially gives you the easy methods of preparing arabic sweet dessert Kunafa ( Arabic Sweet Cheese Pastry) and later we will post UmAli arabic Dessert.
Kunafa is served during Ramadan If tar, the time between sunset and breaking fast by Muslims. Kunafeh is one of the well known Arabic sweet dessert dishes, with a cream cheese filling in the center.
There are many types of fillings in the basic recipe like banana, cream, cheese and nut, just to name a few.
- Kataifi (can be found in most middle eastern, grocery stores)-1 full package or fine vermicelli
- Butter -200 gm melted
- Sugar -1 1/2 cup
- Water-1 cup
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Orange blossom or rosewater-1 tsp
- Blanched whole almonds & pista-1/4 cup
- Walnuts,coarsely chopped -5 tbs
- Granulated sugar-2 1/2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder-1/4 tsp
- Soft ricotta cheese -800 gm
- Butter, for greasing
- Prepare sugar syrup with 1 cup of water and 1 1/2 cup of sugar along with lemon juice. Bring to boil, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until it forms a syrupy consistency.
- Remove from heat allow to cool. Add rosewater, and keep aside.
- Pre -heat the oven to 180 degree centigrade.
- In a large bowl gently loosen the kataifi dough and mix well with the butter.
- Grease the baking pan with butter and place half the dough at the bottom press evenly.
- Spread bits of ricotta cheese all over, then cover with the remaining kataifi dough, press gently .
- Sprinkle fine pieces of walnuts, almond, pista all over. Sprinkle cinnamon powder and granulated sugar. Place another thin layer of remaining kataifi and press well.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-40 minutes, till the surface is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and pour sugar syrup all over hot
kunafa. Allow to cool completely.
- Invert on to serving plate. Decorate with remaining nuts. Serve Kunafa warm.
- It is good to warm up before serving, because the cheese tastes better. Kunafa is a well known Arabic dessert all over the world and its really yummy…
Incoming search terms:
- kunafa recipe
- kunafa dessert
- arabic desserts
- kunafa recipes
- arabic dessert
- arabic sweets recipes
- kunafa arabic dessert
- kunafa sweet
- arabic dessert recipes
This is a fusion recipe with the combination of the traditional Gulab Jamun with coconut Rabri.Great combination which is worth trying.
Gulab jamuns (RECIPE) pieces cut into halves
FOR THE COCONUT RABRI:
- Milk-2 liter
- Condensed milk-1/2 cup
- Sugar-1/2 cup
- Khova(milk extract)-1/2 cup
- Cardamon powder-1/2 tsp
- Cream-1/2 cup
- Saffron- a pinch
- Mixed dry fruits chopped-2 tbsp
- Tender coconut shredded-1/4 cup
- Rose syrup-2-3 tbsp
- Take a pan and add milk, condensed milk, sugar, cream,khova together and simmer for 1-2 hours or until it thickens.
- Add in cardamon powder for flavoring.
- Switch off the flame when it is thick and mix in shredded tender coconut .
- To serve, in a plate place a bed of Rabri and place Jamuns on top, garnish with nuts ,saffron, rose syrup,and served chilled.
- This is a famous north Indian Punjabi dish served after a sumptuous meal.
CASHEW BURFI IS ONE OF THE AGE OLD MOUTHWATERING RECIPE OF THE ROYAL RULERS OF MYSTIC INDIA.THIS SWEET STILL HAVE ITS UNIQUE TASTE IN OUR REMEMBRANCE.
INDIAN SWEETS OR ” MITHAI “ IS KNOWN THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE WORLD FOR ITS DELICACY.THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS. IT IS USUALLY ROLLED IN THIN SLICES WITH BITS OF RAISINS EMBEDDED ON IT .
LETS SEE THROUGH ITS EASY WAY OF PREPARATION.
- Cashew powder- 2 cups
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Water-1/4 cup
- Ghee-2 tbls
- Edible silver foil-3 sheets(optional)
- Grind dry cashews in a grinder to a fine powder due to its oil consistency it may become a paste or lump so do not add any water while grinding can roast a little in humid climate.. Keep aside.
- Take sugar in a pan and add water. Boil till a single thread syrup is formed,it may take around 3-4 minutes after it starts boiling.If you touch between your two fingers you can see a string like, this is the correct stage.
- Switch off the fire. Mix cashew paste into the syrup, break if any balls or lumps with a spoon, by stirring well. Keep in low flame add ghee also.
- When the content leaves the sides of the vessel, remove from fire. Pour the content evenly to a greased vessel and roll it evenly .
- Let it cool and then cover with the silver foil gently.
- After 1 or 2 hour, cut the burfi’s into diamond shape. This sweet remains good for about 4-6 weeks under normal room temperature.
- This method of cashew burfi (kaju katli) is very quick and delicious.You can prepare the same using almond.Can also decorate more by mixing colors in it and making different shapes using different color combination’s.
- You can roll like spring roles with one color inside and another out,or make like fruit shapes,or birds nest all through the same recipe. And enjoy its delightness while it melts through your mouth.
Incoming search terms:
- cashew sweets
- cashew sweet
- cashew sweet recipe
This is one of the famous festival recipes mainly prepared during the month of Muharram, Islamic New Year.
- Riceflour-1 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Dessicated coconut-1/2 cup
- Warm water
- Coconut oil-1 tsp
- Mix rice flour,sugar coconut(can also use fresh scrapped coconut) with warm water firmly until it forms a dough consistency.
- Now make small balls or any shape of your choice by applying some oil in your hands.And place in a steamer plate coated with some coconut oil ,this does not allows it to stick together.
- Let it steam for 4 minutes.Take it out and cool for a minute.Now its ready to serve.
If you don’t have rice flour you can prepare in your home by soaking raw rice for 15 minutes. Then dry it by placing it in a towel,not under direct sunlight. Grind it coarsely.Now you have the homemade rice flour ready in your hands.
The best food for all according to all health organizations,is steamed food.Any type of steamed food must be taken in our daily meal,for a good healthy and tasteful life.
Another variation from this recipe which i want to share with you is the milk kozhukattai.You can make the steamed balls and keep aside.
Now boil milk or coconut milk with added sugar and raisins.While boiling put the rice balls and simmer for 10 minutes .Delicious snack is ready to serve.This is one of keralas and chettinads famous morning breakfast recipe.Traditionally done in coconut milk, still its taste can be remembered in our taste buds whenever we hear its name pall kozhukattai…
Incoming search terms: