Kabsa is one among the most popular staple food in Saudi Arabia.
Kabsa is a dish of rice & meat. Arabic kabsa is popular among many Gulf countries such as Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
Kabsa commonly made with chicken and Meat. But mostly in Saudi Arabia chicken kabsa is a famous dish.
Kabsa is commonly a National food in Saudi Arabia.
Types of Kabsa “كبسة”
- Mandi – Boiled Chicken with white kapsa
- Madgut – Like Indian Biryani
- Sawaya – Grilled chicken with Yellow coloured kapsa rice
- Faham – Cooked barbeque chicken with Yellow or white Kapsa rice
Here is a easy recipes dot in version of Arabic Kabsa.
INGREDIENTS for kabsa:
- Chicken pieces – 8(1 kg)
- Basmati rice – 5 cup
- Chicken stock – 6 cups(cubes -2)
- Tomato – 3 diced
- Tomato puree – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 100 gm
- Onion – 2 finely chopped
- Coriander(chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Dried lime – 2
- Buharat spice mix – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder or whole – 1 tsp
- Cardamon powder -1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder or whole -1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Ground pepper – 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 4
- Ginger root – 1 slice
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
Buharat spice mix:
Red pepper, Coriander seeds, Peppercorns, whole cloves, turmeric, black cardamom, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds all in equal amount blend in a processor until finely powdered.
PREPARATION of kabsa:
- Cut the whole chicken into 8 big pieces, or 2 halves wash it thoroughly.
- In a small bowl,add all the spice mix, salt, coat 3/4 Th of the spice mix to the chicken and leave for 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have buharat spice mix you can add Indian spice Garam Masala.
- In a pan add half the butter followed by the diced onion and fry till slightly brown.
- Now add the chicken pieces to the frying onions, dried black lime followed by tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and chopped ginger and garlic and stir for about five minutes over low heat.
- Boil water along with Maggie stock separately. Add this boiling hot chicken stock, pepper to the frying chicken.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, until the chicken is half done. While the chicken is cooking, wash the rice well soak rice for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside to keep warm. Add the soaked rice into the boiling stock along with chopped coriander and cook covered over low heat or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place the butter pieces on the top of the rice. Cover the pan and cook the kabsa rice on low flame for about 20-30 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the left over spices and olive oil and grill in the oven until the chicken is golden brown.
- In a small pan add left over butter and fry raisins, and add to the top of the cooked kabsa rice.
Now place the flavored rice in a serving platter with the grilled chicken pieces arranged on top of the rice.
For side dish you can serve with halved onion, or DAQOUS.
- For daqous in a blender add 2 plum tomato, 1 chilli, few springs of coriander, ground pepper powder a pinch and salt to taste blend it and serve along with Arabic kabsa.
PARTY ARABIC KABSA
Mutton Kabsa preparation :
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Arabic Food كبسة,
Incoming search terms:
- arabic food
- arabic food recipes
- arab food
- arabian food
- arabic food kabsa
- kabsa recipe
- lebanese food
- kabsa rice
- kabsa arabic food