- Prawns-1 kg
- Tomato puree-1/2 cup
- Sombu (sounf)-2 teaspoon
- Chopped green chili-1tbls
- Coriander powder-2 teaspoon
- Thick coconut milk -2 cups
- Chopped garlic-1 tbls
- Curry leaves
Pour oil in a pan add sombu, curry leaves. After it splitters, add onion, sauté until it becomes skin color. Add chopped garlic, green chili, tomato puree, coriander powder. Boil for 2 minutes till oil gets separated followed by prawns and salt.
Cook for 1 minute then add the coconut milk and cook in low flame for 5 more minutes. Lastly add the chopped coriander leaves and close the lid and slow the fire and keep it 1 more minute. The oil gets nicely separated with rich flavors of coconut. Serve it with Nan’s, Rotis or even with Ghee Rice.
- Green chilli-1
- A few springs of coriander leaves
- Asafoetida powder – 2 pinch.
- Jeera powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Salt-for taste
Grind carrot in a mixer along with 1/2 cup of water and strain it.
To this carrot juice mix the beated yogurt and green chili and grind it once again, to a smooth batter. Now add the two masala powders, salt and chopped coriander.
Mix well until all the ingredients blend together. And serve it
Vegetables like carrot are rich in vitamins and antioxidants, we can gain this more only when it is eaten raw rather than cooked. So start the day with a healthy fresh vegetable carrot soup and get refreshing energy throughout the day.
( Kozhukattai )
Marinating Time : 2 Hours
Cook Time :Under 30 Minutes
Prep Time :Under 30 Minutes
Serves :5 People
Yield :Filling Snack for 5
- Rice – 1 cup
- Salt for taste
- Oil – little
- Jaggery ( sugar )– ½ cup
- Kaskas – 2 tbls
- Cashew – 10 pcs
- Pista – 8 pcs
- Dessicated coconut – 3 tbls
- Ghee – 2 tbls
Soak 1 cup rice in 1 cup water for 2 hrs.without adding extra water grind it well. Boil 1 cup water with added salt and 1 teaspoon oil, while its boiling add the grinded rice mixture and stir well till it becomes a smooth dough. keep it aside.This is the main ingredient for rice flourcake, kozhukattai.
- Put kaskas,cashew, pista, semolina(sooji, rava) jaggery (can also used sugar), dessicated coconut in a mixer and grind it to a course powder.
- Add ghee in a vessel, heat slightly and add the powder,stir well till its raw smell goes. Make a small ball of the dough, press with hand to get a round shape, put the stuffing inside, fold it half circle.similarly you can make it in different shapes.
- Steam this in a steamer or in a idly cooker for 10 minutes.Stuffed riceflour cake is ready for serving.It is one of the festival recipes (Ganesh Chaturti)of India.
- You can also use different stuffing like grated coconut mixed with sugar,
- mashed dhal(lentils) with jaggery
- Do it the same way as instructed above with ghee.
- This stuffed rice flour cake is easily digestible,and different stuffing’s makes this rice cake more delicious.