Vermicelli Sago Kheer
Tiny pearls of sago with translucent vermicelli sweetened with milk and sugar is Vermicelli Sago SWEET KHEER. The bubbles simply float through your mouth as a surprise. This sago (tapioca) porridge is rich and creamy, divine after a Main course. Vietnamese prepare this with thick coconut milk. It is a famous Moroccan dessert too with flavor of orange blossom and cinnamon.
This thickens when cool so you can add extra milk or simply serve the thick vermicelli sago pudding chilled topped with vanilla ice cream will be yummy for all the sweet tooth people around. The various variety of this SWEET KHEER dessert available is too much to resist. Sweet Kheer made of broken rice,badam,with fruitmix, semolina,the variety goes on .
In south it is called payasam, semiya payasam, javarisi payasam. In north it is well known as MITA KHEER. Enjoy the taste of EasyRecipes sweetness made by Mrs.Shafeena Rasheed at a home party.
Roasting Time : 2 Minutes
Cook Time : Under 15 Minutes
Prep Time : Under 10 Minutes
Serves : 10 People
Yield : Filling After Meal Dessert for 10
INGREDIENTS for Sweet Kheer
- Vermicelli – 1 cup
- Sago/Sabudana -1/4 cup
- Milk- 5 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cashew – 10 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee -2 tsp
- Condensed Milk -1/2 cup
- Crushed Badam to decorate
- Orange blossom water – optional.
- Thick Coconut milk- 1/4 cup- optional.
PREPARATION of Sweet Kheer
- Soak sago in water for 15 minutes. In a hard bottomed vessel, heat ghee add cashew raisins, till nice light golden brown. Keep it aside.
- To a vessel add milk and allow to boil. When milk starts boiling add soaked sabudana, cook for a minute, then followed by slightly roasted vermicelli.
- Do not overcook vermicelli as this will lead to clogging of the Payasam. Cook until the sago becomes transparent.
- Add sugar mix well, till it dissolves, add cardamom powder and stir well.
- Add the golden fried cashew and raisins in ghee to the Sweet kheer, mix well and the Vermicelli Sago Kheer is ready, add little saffron, crushed to the Sweet kheer, for extra flavor.
- A festival recipe easy to make for any special occasions like Pongal, diwali and Eid. This is one of everyone’s favorite recipe in any Indian family, Mothers special dessert.
- It is an important dessert in any festive occasions,some love to taste this delicious dessert with Pappad, any savor snacks like Vada, puffed poori with kheer is a divine combination, one cannot forget that combination.
- Adding sweetened condensed milk will make it taste like milk pudding, coarsely powdered cashew will give a crunchy taste to the Vermicelli Payasam.
Meat Ball Sauce
Meat ball recipes is one among the most loved recipes all over the world.Only the way of preparation differs from different continent, but the basic meat ball recipes is the same.The meat ball sauce recipe is a delicacy.This classic meat ball recipes is a good appetizer and a kids friendly recipe.The tasty meatballs in a thick sauce is one of the easy recipes main attraction to any party or occasion.
Marinating Time :10 Minutes
Cook Time :Under 30 Minutes
Prep Time :Under 30 Minutes
Serves :5 People
Yield :Filling lunch for 3, serves 5 as dinner
INGREDIENTS for Sauce:
- Chopped onion -2
- Crushed tomato -4
- Chilli powder -1/2 tsp
- Curry powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Chopped coriander – 3 tsp
- Mint leaves -a few
- Salt to taste
- Pepper crushed – 1/4 tsp
- Yogurt -3 tbsp
- Cashew paste – 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice -1
- Brown onion paste – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp
INGREDIENTS for Meat Ball:
PREPARATION of curry sauce gravy:
- In a pan add enough oil and add onions,make brown onion, take half of it and make a paste of it and keep aside its optional.
- After frying onion add garam masala, ginger garlic paste ,fry in low flame that it should not burn much.
- Add chilli powder, tomato pureed by hand,salt ,curry powder,cook for 2 minutes.Add yogurt mix well and a glass of water.
- After 5 minutes add add cashew paste, pepper,curry leaves,mint, chopped coriander,cook in slow flame till it thickens,add brown onion paste,if you want add coconut paste also.
- When oil starts separated from the gravy add the fried meat ball in the gravy ,mix gently,cook for 3 minutes for the meat ball to absorb the spiciness and flavor of the gravy.Add lemon juice on top.
- If u want a nice blending texture of a sauce before adding the meat balls you can sieve the gravy to remove all the thick substance in it and get a fine paste like sauce.
- Add the sauce to the pan again now add the meat balls and enjoy the flavorful meat ball sauce with Tortilla or Chappati, Roti,or simply with Ghee Rice.
- Chicken minced can also be used in the same procedure.For barbequed flavor sauce heat a charcoal until red hot.After removing the gravy from the flame place an Aluminium foil paper on top it will not sink inside as the gravy is thick in consistency.
- Place the heated charcoal in the foil paper ,pour 1/2 tsp of oil over the charcoal and close the lid immediately as smoke will arise fast from the charcoal.
- Set aside for 10 minutes, now carefully remove the charcoal. Your barbequed flavor meat ball gravy is ready to serve with any type of Naan.
Vadai,Vada also known as south Indian fritters (uzhundhu vadai) more or so look like doughnut, with same hole in the middle, but a savory dish made of lentils. Medhu Vadai or Medu Vada is a south Indian snack served along with coconut chutney, or mint coriander chutney.
Hot vadai dipped in hot sambhar is simply divine, is a famous breakfast easy recipe snack. Keeping Vadai as base we can make many dishes ranging from sambhar vadai to curd vadai, Vadaicurry and the lists goes on. Vadai is crunchier on the outside and melts in mouth. Lets look on to the easy recipes ingredients and preparation of this easy south Indian fritters urad dal vadai ( ulundu vadai ) recipes.
- Whole black gram dal – 1 cup
- Ginger juliens-1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1
- Whole pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves -1 sprig
- Chopped onion – 2 tsp
- Chopped coriander – 1 tsp
- Rice powder -1 tsp
- Salt to taste
Wash and soak the De-husked urad dal for about an hour. Grind the soaked urad dal with very little amount of water, 1 tsp is more than enough.
When the dal is grinded to a little coarse texture its done. Now add all the ingredients listed above to the batter. Mix well.
Heat enough amount of oil in a kadai let it come to full boiling point. Now take a plastic sheet, coat slightly with oil so that the batter doesn’t stick to your hands.
Now take a small ball sized batter,place over the plastic sheet, flatten it in the shape of doughnut,make a hole in the middle. Now transfer the flattened vadai, flip it fast in your hand then to the hot oil carefully.
When one side is cooked the vadais will automatically float on top of the oil. Turn them over, to the other side, and fry till golden brown.
Take it out and place it over tissue paper,as it will remove extra oil. Serve this dal fritters vadai with any chutney and sambhar. Idli Vadai recipes is one of the famous south Indian starter and snack.
Eid Hand Designs
Eid AL-Fitr – is celebrated on every Islamic calender month end of Ramadan and Shawal first. Eid AL-Fitr marks the end of the month-long fast of Ramadan.
Eid AL-Adha – is celebrated on every Islamic calender month of Dhul Hijja 10th day to 13 day. This Eid festival known as Feast of Sacrifice, because an animal like lamb or camel is sacrificed as thanksgiving to God. In this time Muslim go for the Pilgrimage to mecca ( Al-Makkah ) to finish their important sunnah of Haj in kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Eid Henna Designs:
In this Eid festival women and Children apply henna designs of their own willing stylish model on their hands and legs to celebrate Eid. Below is one of our Simple Arabic Eid Henna Mehndi Designs for our valuable Readers to celebrate Eid Festival.
This Eid Mehndi design designed with floral and leaf pattern. This henna is simple colorful and modern for any special occasion.
Diwali in one of the Indian Festival famously celebrated by all community together. Diwali is the festival of the light.
Women and children apply Henna Mehndi in their hand for Diwali festival.
New special Diwali designed dress are available in the market for this Diwali festival.
During Diwali Children’s of all community burst crackers along with family and friends and enjoy sweet dishes prepared home.
Everyone send Diwali Greeting Cards to their friends and loved ones. Nowadays they send E card for Diwali wishes.” Happy Diwali”
Diwali is rather called the festival of sweets. Most of the New Film will be released in this day. They go for outing in the evening for watching movie, Shopping, Beach, Children Park, Neighbor house and enjoy the holiday.
Here are some of the most Special Diwali Sweets tried and tested from Easy Recipes.
- Kuzhi paniyaram
- Kesari Sweet
- Sweet Pasta ( Payasam – Kheer )
- Carrot Halwa
- Gulab Jamun
- Cashew Burfi
- Ras Malai
- Gulab Jamun with coconut Rabri
Some Traditional Diwali Sweets
Enjoy Diwali with our Easy Recipes Sweets.
Wish You a Happy diwali……..
Kabsa is one among the most popular staple food in Saudi Arabia.
Kabsa is a dish of rice & meat. Arabic kabsa is popular among many Gulf countries such as Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, and United Arab Emirates.
Kabsa commonly made with chicken and Meat. But mostly in Saudi Arabia chicken kabsa is a famous dish.
Kabsa is commonly a National food in Saudi Arabia.
Types of Kabsa “كبسة”
- Mandi – Boiled Chicken with white kapsa
- Madgut – Like Indian Biryani
- Sawaya – Grilled chicken with Yellow coloured kapsa rice
- Faham – Cooked barbeque chicken with Yellow or white Kapsa rice
Here is a easy recipes dot in version of Arabic Kabsa.
INGREDIENTS for kabsa:
- Chicken pieces – 8(1 kg)
- Basmati rice – 5 cup
- Chicken stock – 6 cups(cubes -2)
- Tomato – 3 diced
- Tomato puree – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 100 gm
- Onion – 2 finely chopped
- Coriander(chopped) – 2 tbsp
- Dried lime – 2
- Buharat spice mix – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder or whole – 1 tsp
- Cardamon powder -1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder or whole -1 tsp
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
- Ground pepper – 1/2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves – 4
- Ginger root – 1 slice
- Raisins – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 4 tbsp
Buharat spice mix:
Red pepper, Coriander seeds, Peppercorns, whole cloves, turmeric, black cardamom, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds all in equal amount blend in a processor until finely powdered.
PREPARATION of kabsa:
- Cut the whole chicken into 8 big pieces, or 2 halves wash it thoroughly.
- In a small bowl,add all the spice mix, salt, coat 3/4 Th of the spice mix to the chicken and leave for 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have buharat spice mix you can add Indian spice Garam Masala.
- In a pan add half the butter followed by the diced onion and fry till slightly brown.
- Now add the chicken pieces to the frying onions, dried black lime followed by tomato puree, chopped tomatoes and chopped ginger and garlic and stir for about five minutes over low heat.
- Boil water along with Maggie stock separately. Add this boiling hot chicken stock, pepper to the frying chicken.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, until the chicken is half done. While the chicken is cooking, wash the rice well soak rice for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken and set aside to keep warm. Add the soaked rice into the boiling stock along with chopped coriander and cook covered over low heat or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place the butter pieces on the top of the rice. Cover the pan and cook the kabsa rice on low flame for about 20-30 minutes.
- Brush the chicken with the left over spices and olive oil and grill in the oven until the chicken is golden brown.
- In a small pan add left over butter and fry raisins, and add to the top of the cooked kabsa rice.
Now place the flavored rice in a serving platter with the grilled chicken pieces arranged on top of the rice.
For side dish you can serve with halved onion, or DAQOUS.
- For daqous in a blender add 2 plum tomato, 1 chilli, few springs of coriander, ground pepper powder a pinch and salt to taste blend it and serve along with Arabic kabsa.
PARTY ARABIC KABSA
Mutton Kabsa preparation :