- Left over chappati -5
- Oil for frying
- Sliced onion-1
- Curry leaves-a few
- Ginger garlic paste-1/2 tbls
- Turmeric powder-1/4 teaspoon
- Chilly powder-1/4tbls
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tbls
- Jeera powder-1/4 tbls
- A bunch of coriander leaves
- Boil potato and mash it well.In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds,when it splutters,add curry leaves and onion,followed by mashed tomato and ginger garlic paste.Now add all the powders and stir fry a second. Add the mashed potatoes and salt to taste.Mix well along with chopped coriander leaves. keep it aside to cool.
- You can use the left out chappati or even tortillas for this samosa. Make a thick paste of gram flour as a binding ingredient.
- Cut the chappati into half circle .Keep the stuffing masala in the center,Fold it in triangle shape paste it with the gram flour mixture.
- In a nonstick pan sprinkle oil,place the samosas and fry until it is hot and crispy,slightly brownish on both sides.Serve it hot with the Mint chutney(recipe under salads & dips).
- Calso use the ready made samosa dough available in all super markets.Fill it with the mixture and roll firmly in triangle shape .Deep fry this in oil or microwave if you are in no oil diet.Have it as a healthy snack.
- This will be a good snack at all times and loved by kids as a tiff-en box meal.you can also use different stuffing’s using mixed vegetables,grated cheese,panneer,anything on your own imagination…and just enjoy the hot snack on a rainy evening.It will be delectable and delicious.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]HOT & CRISP SAMOSA,