Carrot Halwa Recipes
Gajar halwa, this is one of the famous delight easy recipes in north indian sweet verity. Good for eyesight and Containing Vitamin A. This is saffron flavored carrot halwa.
- Carrot-1 kg (grated finely)
- Milk-1 cup
- Sugar-1 1/2 cup
- Ghee+oil -1 cup
- Khova-300 gms
- Chopped cashew-3 tbls
- Few strands of saffron
- Grate carrots in a mixer not to a smooth paste.
- Put the grated carrot in a pan along with milk, sugar and half of the ghee. A pinch salt, (adding this to all sweets enhances the desserts flavor).
- Boil nicely till the liquids are all absorbed, now add the remaining ghee add stir nicely.
- Add the khova, cashew and stir well till its oil gets separated and forms a ball shaped without touching the vessels sides.
- Now add the saffron strands mixed in a little amount of warm milk.This gives a royal aromatic flavor while it slippers through your tongue.At this stage you can remove it from fire.
- You can either serve hot or refrigerate a little. You can store this even for 7 more days in a refrigerator.
MAKING OF KHOVA:
Boil milk nicely, while boiling add 1tbls lemon juice and cold water a little and switch off the fire leave it aside. The milk will curdle. Now boil again till the water completely gets separated and sieve this khova. Now take the sieved khova in a pan add sugar generously and stir well while boiling till it becomes nicely thick milk sweet, add the saffron, while its still hot, and blend together to get its full flavor.
You can either have this as a dessert by itself or can use in all types of halwas as a rich taste giver.
Easy recipes Tips
(when milks gets curdled slightly don’t waste it throwing out, you can make a delicious sweet out of it by following this method)
This sweet like palkhova or milk khova. Most of the children like this sweet.
Incoming search terms:
- carrot halwa