HENNA is a tall shrub,flowering plant.Its botanical name is LAWSONIA INERMIS. It is a species of GENUS LAWSONIA. It comes from LYTHRACEAE family. It is multi branched with spine tipped.
It produces a red orange dye from its molecules,which is a natural secretion,that gives us the brick red color. The leaves of this shrub has a pleasant natural fragrance with Medicinal properties.
The word comes from the Arabic name hina(حــنــا) . The leaves are used in henna application. It is used as a dye for hair, nails, lips, decorating skin and even in dying silk and woolen clothes as a preservative.
The leaves are either grind ed to a paste or dried and powdered for using in this application. Its natural ingredient Hennotanic acid is vital for nourishment of hair.the oil extract from its flowers is used in perfumery.
Henna Medicinal Remedies:
The henna acts as a heat reducer for our body and head. It is also an antibacterial, anti-hemorrhagic and anti-fungal agent. It is used in treating skin problems like sun burns and skin boils and inflammation It is also used in…
- Treatment of Baldness – boil mustard oil with henna leaves,extract this oil and keep tightly closed in a bottle.Regular massage with this oil increases hair growth.
- Treatment of Dysentery – mix powder of henna seeds with ghee,and make small balls(2 to4 decigram).It can also be given water.This gives better result.
- Treatment of Jaundice – Henna barks powder is given as 2 to 5 deci gram doses for this treatment.
- Treatment of Headache – Put a plaster with a cotton cloth soaked in henna flower concentrate and vinegar.
- Treatment of Sore (dry) throat – do same as oil pulling with the syrup of henna leaves,and spit it out. This gives good result.
- Treatment of prickly heat – the paste of henna leaves should be applied in affected area. This reduces body heat.
Today it has become a main ingredient in ladies shampoos. But it is still popular only as beautifying agent.
Mehandi is the Ancient art of applying henna for decorating our body. It gives an ethnic embroidery to our skin in special occasions.The artful use of this fragrant natural red dye is largely feminine.
In most Islamic countries henna application is reserved for EID, Weddings, Pregnancy and Birth, Occasional parties. While in others as everyday beautification.
In Western and American countries it is a trendy “things to do” among everyone and among teenagers. They apply as tattoos as small designer y logos, by using different Colors. These are temporary tattoos and they change often to new trendy designs.
Incoming search terms:
- floral pattern
- floral designs
- floral patterns
- henna flower designs
- floral design patterns
- flower pattern
- floral embroidery designs
- indian flower patterns