Very simple to cook too tasty sweet dish from South India with Semolina (rava) as main ingredient. Kesari sweet is very easy to make simple dessert as a fast food.
- Rava(semolina) -1 cup
- Sugar-1 1/4 cups
- Cashew nuts and raisins -3 tbsp (fried in ghee)
- Pineapple or any essence-1/4 tsp
- Orange edible food color- a pinch
- salt a pinch
- Ghee- 1/2 cup
- Cardamon- 4 to 5(well crushed)
- Pour few tsp of ghee in a hard bottom vessel,roast rava till it turns light brown,keep aside.
- Again add the remaining ghee,heat a little,add cardamon,cashews,raisins fry till nice golden brown.
- Add water,salt food color,when it starts boiling add the rava(semolina),and stir well without any lumps.cook on low flame for a minute.
- Now add the sugar slowly, just the way you added the rava, so it blends in well.
- Keep stirring, feel the consistency loosening by itself (the sugar gives out water).
- Now add 1/4 tsp cardamon powder,essence keep stirring once again till the kesari thickens.
- Pour the ghee generously,and stir well.Don’t let it stick to the bottom.
- The ghee starts oozing out on the sides.That’s the perfect time to turn off the flame.you can also add bits of any fruit of your choice.TRANSFER THE KESARI TO A GHEE COATED PLATE,PRESS EVENLY,AND SET TO COOL.
- When it s cool cut into any shapes you like.Or serve as such.
- This recipe seems to be easy,but it requires lot of practice and patience to bring in the right consistency.The measurement is the main in this recipe.If all gets right you get the most simple and relishing sweet for a sumptuous meal.
Incoming search terms:
- kesari sweet
- kesari recipe
- how to make kesari sweet
- sweet dish
- kesari sweet recipe
- indian sweets recipes
- sweet dishes
- south indian sweets
- indian sweet dishes