Coconut Ghee Rice
This is a flavorful plain ghee rice best suited with any spicy meat gravy. This special Ghee Rice is one of the famous Indian Brahmin food.
- Rice – 3 cup (500 gm)
- Coconut milk-2 cup
- Onion sliced -2 tbsp
- Cinnamon stick-3
- Bay leaves-1
- Sliced tomato-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tsp
- Ghee – 4 tbsp
- Coriander & Mint leaves – 1 tbsp each
- Salt to taste
- Water-2 1/2 cup
- Heat the pan with ghee.Add the spices cinnamon stick,cloves and cardamon fry for a few seconds.
- Then add sliced onion,and ginger garlic paste saute it well,till it gets slightly brown color.
- Now add sliced tomato,followed by soaked rice and salt.Fry the rice for few minutes.You can also add peas ,corn if you want to give an added color to the ghee rice.
- Then add 3 cups of thick coconut milk (in case of coconut powder add 3 tbsp),and 2 1/2 cups of water stir it well along with mint and coriander leaves ,close the lid.
- In rice cooker switch off when it comes to WARM.
In pressure cooker after 1 whistle turn off the flame.Fluff it with a spatula.
- Serve it with Thalcha/dalcha, mutton/chicken curry.
- Another version of ghee rice can be made by sprinkling turmeric,roasted almonds,brown onions and some sliced red peppers.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Coconut Ghee Rice,
Incoming search terms: