Pasta is a form of noodles,used by almost all chefs around the world,but most of the famous pasta recipes come of Italian origin.They use unique sauces and enrich the taste of this buckwheat noodles.
Here in Easy Recipes we are going to prepare an easy pasta dish using the famous Italian red sauce made of tomatoes,garlic,herbs the MARINARA SAUCE.
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINARA SAUCE:
- Medium plum tomatoes – 5
- Garlic pods -3-4
- Bay leaf – 1
- Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tblsp
- Salt – according to your taste
- Black pepper – according to taste
- Tomato puree – 1-2 tsp
- Basil leaves – 5-6
- Pasta – 2 cups (any shape)
- Blend of veggies [carrots,bell pepper,beans]
- Broad beans-1 tin
- Shredded Mozrella cheese – 2 tblsp
- Chopped coriander and basil leaves – 1 tblsp
For the Marinara Sauce:
- Heat olive oil add bay leaves add minced garlic don’t burn it.
- Slightly saute with chopped onions and sprinkle some salt .
- When the onions get translucent add chopped tomatoes stir nicely cover with a lid and cook on low heat.
- When the tomatoes are boiled mash it with a spaddle add in the tomato puree, and allow this to cook on slow flame for atleast 20 minutes till the sauce gets thickened.
- Stir frequently in the end add in the chopped basil leaves and black pepper powder.Cook for 5 more minutes and let it cool.
For The Pasta:
1. Boil pasta in water.
2. Saute the chopped veggies and broad beans in olive oil.Stir fry
3. Once the veggies are cooked add in the boiled pasta and the marinara sauce.
4. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes ,till the sauce and veggies are well blend with the pasta. For the non-veg version add chicken pieces along with the veggies.
5. Now add in the cheese and mix gently . Transfer immediately to the serving plate.
6. Garnish it with chopped coriander and basil leaves.The italian pasta is ready for serve.You can avoid cheese for Elders.
7. You can also keep the marinara sauce refrigerated and use for 2 or more weeks.
8. Another recipe for this sauce is you can use this marinara sauce for any type of dishes as it is tangy with all the herbs it will act as a thickener for all type of soups.
Incoming search terms:
- italian pasta