This South Indian easy simple dish is easily put together when you are in a hurry. You can also make it with leftover rice. Lemon Rice is one of the many rice dishes which forms an integral part of South Indian Cuisine.
It gives a flavorful, tangy twist to plain white rice.there are many varieties of rice from the South like Coconut Rice, Yogurt/Curd Rice, Sesame Rice, Tomato Rice, Tamarind Rice…only to name a few!
Try this quick, easy recipe that is so visually appealing.and simple to make with the remaining stuff in your kitchen..
- Rice -2 cups
- Lemon juice -3 medium sized lemons
- Ginger -1 small piece
- Bengal gram- 1 tsp
- Urad dal -1 tsp
- Mustard seeds -1 tsp
- Curry leaves -1 spring
- Coriander leaves- a few
- Green chillies- 2 -3
- Oil for seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Fenugreek seeds,Asafoetida-1/2 tsp each
- Dry chilly-3
- Grind fenugreek seeds, asafoetida, turmeric,and dry chilly to a course powder and keep aside.
- Take juice of lemon,cook the rice ,and cool aside (the rice should be cooked so that it never sticks together,add a teaspoon of oil while cooking).
- Season mustard seeds, urad dal, ginger, Bengal gram and curry leaves in oil.Saute a little followed by the grind-ed powder,green chilly,and salt to taste.
- Add this to rice and sprinkle juice of lemon,mix well.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve this mouthwatering lemon rice with any spicy side dish.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]LEMON RICE,