THIS IS ONE OF THE SPICY AND AUTHENTIC RECIPE OF INCREDIBLE INDIA…..
- Tamarind – 2 lemon sized balls
- Sesame (Gingely) Oil – 5 to 6 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Curry Leaves – A few
- Ground Nuts – 1/4 cup
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Red Chillies – 5 to 6
- Channa Dal – 1 tsp
- Urad Dal – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Cooked rice-3 cups
- Coriander Seeds – 3 tbsp
- Channa Dal – 2 tsp
- Red Chillies – 1 or 2
- Fenugreek Seeds – 3 to 4 (optional)
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tbsp(optional)
- In a fry pan, heat some sesame oil and splutter the mustard seeds, red chillies, Asafoetida, curry leaves, Channa Dal and Urud Dal, ground nuts and fry until golden brown.
- Make a paste out of the tamarind and pour it into the pan along with 2 glass of water,salt and turmeric powder,and some more oil.
- Let the mixture cook well until the water becomes more than half of what you added and becomes a paste-like product with all oil well separated.This is the main ingredient in tamarind rice you can store this in refrigerator for2-3 weak.
- Roast the powder ingredients except the sesame seeds and grind to make a course powder.
- Now mix the roasted powder,tamarind gravy(pulikachal)to the rice and mix thoroughly.
- Make a separate powder out of the sesame seeds and sprinkle over the puliogare(Tangy tamarind rice) and mix well, just before serving!
- This is one of another variety dishes famous all over southern India.They usually prepare during occasions and traveling,as it can be kept in normal temperature for more than a day.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]TAMARIND RICE(Puliyogare),
Incoming search terms:
- tamarind rice
- tamarind rice puliyogare
- puliyogare recipe