- Basmati rice-2 cups
- Water-3 1/2 cups
- Chopped vegetables-1 1/2cup
- (Cauliflower, carrots, beans, peas)
- Onions-2 sliced
- Ghee-4 tbls
- Tomatoes-3 chopped
- Finely chopped ginger, garlic-1 tbls
- Cumin seeds-1teaspoon
- Cardamon, cinnamon, cloves-4 each
- Salt to taste
- Soak rice in water for 1/2 hour.
- Heat ghee in a vessel; add the garam masalas cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds. After it splitters add onion, fry till it becomes translucent. Now add ginger, garlic, vegetables, and fry for a min in oil.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes till the vegetables are half cooked. Add the rice and fry for a while followed by water and salt.
- You can either do it in a pressure cooker for a single whistle, or in a rice cooker. This will make the rice look separate without sticking each other .And the simple way of cooking. At last add the chopped coriander, mint leaves. And mix it once with a spatula. You can serve it with a salad or a raitha(yogurt mixed with chopped onion, green chili and cucumber, carrot).BIRYANI IS NOT MEANT FOR NON-VEGETARIANS ONLY.
- Cooking the same taste with vegetables is better in two ways. It’s good for health, and moreover being a vegetarian makes you much younger and fresh looking when compared to meat eaters.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]VEGETABLE BIRIYANI,