Indian Yogurt rice is truly a comfort food! This simple Curd rice from South India tastes great with just a pickle or chutney as side dish.The cooling, flavorful Indian dish is perfect when taken as an accompaniment to grilled spicy meats.
- Curd(yogurt) -3 cups
- Green grapes (optional)
- Milk-1/2 cup
- Minced ginger-1 tsp
- Green mango finely cut into cubes-1
- Salt to taste
- Grated carrots-2-3
- Finely sliced green chillies-3 tsp
- Finely chopped cucumber-2
- Cooked rice-4
- Dry red chillies broken up-3 or 4
- Mustard seed-1/2 tsp
- Urad dal-1/4 tsp
- Oil -3 tblsp
- Coriander leaves chopped finely-3 tblsp
- Few curry leaves
- Take a pan, pour 3 tblsp oil and when it gets hot, add the dry chillies, curry leaves , mustard seeds and urad dal when they crackle add the grated ginger, saute for a minute.then add carrots,cucumber, mango, chillies, salt and curd.Remove from fire.
- Put the cooked rice in a deep dish and add the seasoned veggies,together with the milk.(milk is added to loosen the curd rice texture, because as time goes this rice becomes thicker in consistency).
- Mix nicely with hand, mashing the rice a little.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves and serve jot with any pickle of your choice.
- This easy and simple food has a soothing effect in summer.As intake of yogurt in any form is necessary during summer.Adding veggies improves its taste much better when compared to simple curd rice.
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]YOGURT RICE,